Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Golf = Drugs

My routine only lasted not more than 2 weeks. HAHAHA. Thanks to Mandy and Michael, I started playing golf. Most of you already know, I'm fucking obsessed with golf. I fell in love with that "old man's game". I realised I'm getting old, but not this old. :(

Golf is like drugs. Playing golf is like taking drugs. When you finally hit solidly, and the ball flies high and far, it's like peeking on bikkies. Ok, I dont know why I relate golf to drugs. But the feeling is almost the same for me. Well, after the first golf session with them, I bought my own driver. Driver is the longest golf club in the golf set. Two days later, I decided to buy 2 more irons, 6 and 9. I also downloaded videos to learn more about the golf swings. It doesn't look as easy as it is. A week later, I trammed to the driving range alone. 2 weeks later, Golf For Dummies became my bible. It's not really a book for dummies. In fact, I've learnt alot about golf. Even the author of the book, Gary McCord said:

First, you want to hit the ball.
Second, you want to get the ball up in the air and moving forward.
Third, you want to hit the ball the long way.
Fourth, you want to hit the ball the long way while your friends are watching.
And last, you become obsessed, just like the rest of us.

I kid you not. It is damn true. So true that it scares me. Everytime when I have the access to internet. I would be ebaying for golf clubs. Just before, I was working my ass off (not really, you'll find out why) for my group assignment in the lab of the university. When I went back to my station after my toilet break, I realised I have heaps of tabs on my browser all about GOLF! Nothing else but golf! There isn't a day I never mention the four letter word GOLF after the first golf session. It's like drugs, seriously! So addictive. So arghhhhh. Let's see how this new 'hobby' will last me. I don't even go to the gym now. And I'm thinking of putting my account on hold, and use those money to swing more balls at the driving range.


Anyway, besides golf, alot have been happening in my life. Good things! I'm too lazy to blog about it now. bye bye.