Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's the time of my life

I sat for my Taxation Law paper this morning. Needless to say, it was a killer. I went home to check the mailbox to check whether KPMG Singapore has delivered the parcel because my other friends got it already. There was a parcel for me by DHL Express, but to my disappointment it was from Monash Malaysia asking for money again for my Summer Semester course commencing in December.

After reading and filling in the Notice of Acceptance Form to be mailed back to Malaysia, I decided to take a nap. After a tiring night studying for the paper this morning, I was quite sleep-deprived. To my surprise, the concierge called the house and said that the parcel I collected was indeed for me, but it was left for me couple of weeks ago. The notice of DHL delivery that I got today was actually for another parcel that they just received today. Two parcels in a day! I knew it, what else can that be other than KPMG's offer letter. I quickly put on my shirt and hurried down to the lobby.



Employment Offer Letter has all the employment details if I join them. That includes remuneration, annual leave, medical benefits, insurance,travelling expenses, relocation expenses and things like that. The only turn off part of the letter is that I have to give them an answer by the 6th of November.

Many of you might think like "cheh, offer letter only mah...". To me, it is a big deal. All my life I've never thought that someone would want to hire me. The only person who would hire me because he has no choice, my Dad :) When I was young, I remember writing an essay on who I want to become in mandarin. I had no idea, so I asked the teacher to give some suggestions. She asked me what I like. I said MONEY. haha! Yes, I remember me saying that! That teacher immediately told me an occupation that I've never heard before, an "Accountant". I was only 9 years old.

When I was in high school, I gave no f*cks about my future. And look at me, most people who knew me back in high school would never expect me to be where I am right now. Some might even think that I'm going nowhere after high school. I know I have nothing to prove to them. To me, this job offer is such an achievement considering that I am not a hard working student.

So here I am, reading the letter over and over again. Trying to recall the process of how I got myself here. It is quite scary to think of it. Because time really flies!

There are to many things to be considered before signing the offer. I am not sure if I'm ready to leave Melbourne. Being here for 3 years made me feel that it has become my comfort zone. No snatch thieves, no gang fights, police petrolling every night in the city and of course, great friends that I've met in such short period of time. Most importantly, the person I love will still be here for another few years.

My 1 & only

This is the time of my life that I have to think properly. Every step I make affects my future. In other words, I'm actually 21 now and have to start planning my life. Sigh, I think I need alcohol :( Jonard, please save some Absinthe for me.